Friday, April 6, 2012

Do You Feel It?

For once, this writer has no words--no words to fully express what Easter means to me. I could pen paragraphs, chapters, volumes attempting to convey it, but in the end, words alone could never be enough.

So abandoning words, I invite you to camp out with me here, at the foot of the Cross. Let's sit together in silence. Or kneel. Or fall prostrate. Contemplate Christ's sacrifice with me. Pray. Weep. Rejoice. Do you feel it? Do you feel His indescribable love?

Photograph by Diana Prusik

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8, NIV).

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful reminder, Diana, thank you. May I never forget what my salvation cost. One of my favorite verses starts with, "In view of God's mercy ..." (Romans 12:1) I pray God will help me to live my life and view my world through that powerful phrase.

    Happy redeemed and forgiven day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your Resurrection Sunday was filled with joy, Jennifer. I cannot wrap my head around God's love, mercy, and grace, but your prayer is a fantastic place to begin trying. Matthew 7:7-8 assures us God will offer that help! Blessings to you, my friend!

      Delete
  2. I left a comment this morning but it seems not to have been published:( Maybe I will retype it later when I have more time. I did have a wonderfully blessed Easter Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie, I'm so sorry, but I have no idea what happened to your message! I suppose it's floating around out there in cyberspace, but I am thrilled to hear your Easter was wonderfully blessed. I pray those blessings continue for you. Thanks so much for joining me at the foot of the Cross!

      Delete
  3. So beautiful ,Diana. You are right,words can not possibly describe the depth of God's love for us or the power of His presence in our lives. All we need do is "Be Still and Know I am Lord"Psalm 46:10 Thank you for this meaningful and much-needed reminder.

    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Kathy, for reminding us of Psalm 46:10. I need to visit that scripture daily, hourly, minute-by-minute. No matter how much distance separates Christian friends, isn't it awesome that we can always join together at the foot of the Cross? Blessings to you, too!

      Delete